It's that time of the year again! Pipers from different cultures all across the world are celebrating in their own way. Some of the flagship events this year include:
- A bagpipe concert by the Caprock English Bagpipe Consort at Texas Tech Uni in the US.
- Newcastle's Piping Festival (10-12 March): a full festival with workshops and a wonderful line up of international pipers. The Newcastle Piping Festival never disappoints!
- Pipers at the Met (10 and 11 March): two international bagpipe concerts for the Metropolitan Museum of Art Date Night events, run by the Musical Instrument Department.
Some celebratory pieces have also been published:
- An article on bagpipes hidden in the Met's collection.
- An article on the first five bagpipes to make it to the Met in 1889.